Who is BIO-HUB Trust?
BIO-HUB TRUST (BHT) is a regional platform developed in the year 2011 by a consortium of expertise dedicated to biodiversity conservation and people’s livelihoods.
Founding organizations; Centre for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), World Wildlife Fund For Nature (WWF), Le Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement (CIRAD), African Wildlife Foundation (AWF), Campfire Association and the People and Nature Trust.
Key Areas of Expertise
- Sustainable Livelihoods
- Non-Timber Forest Products (NTFPs) – Sustainable Harvesting and Commercialization
- Climate Resilience – Livestock Fodder Production, Sustainable Land Management, Small Grains Production, Agro-processing,
- Agroecology – Conservation Agriculture
- Sustainable Forest Management – Energy Efficient Stoves; Bamboo Production, Sustainable Energy
- Management Oriented Monitoring Systems (MOMS)
- Innovation and Communication Platforms (ICPs)
- Human Wildlife Conflict (HWC) Management
- Research and Innovations